Date:      Mon, 3 Sep 2001 09:01:55 GMT
From:      bdh@inspire.net.nz
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Weird Network protocol

I sent this to chat rather than questions as it's more annoying than critical

After helping setup a firewall for an ISP I get the following in my log files :

ipfw: 65534 Deny P:2 192.168.32.17 224.0.0.1 in via fxp0

Can anyone tell me what the P:2 stands means.

Note the address 192.168.32.17 is not a local machine, it belongs to the
upstream
provider.