Date:      Mon, 23 May 2005 11:23:21 +0200
From:      "Roger 'Rocky' Vetterberg" <listsub@401.cx>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Sten_Daniel_S=F8rsdal?= <lists@wm-access.no>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Compaq ML370. What RAID driver do i need?

Sten Daniel Sørsdal wrote:
> I have an ML370 that i want to setup with 5.4.
> Granted i do not know much about RAID but we plan on implementing this
> soon on this server. I'm not entirely sure
> what RAID driver it uses or if there is a RAID controller built in at
> all on these units?
> I didnt see anything in 'dmesg' even when adding all the Raid drivers
> (read: i use GENERIC) but the previous owner said there is one for sure
> and that i probably just forgot to enable it in BIOS or something.

Im not sure, but I think the 370 has the same RAID as the DL360.
Here's output from a DL360 running 4.10.

 > grep ^da /var/run/dmesg.boot
da0 at ciss0 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
da0: <COMPAQ RAID 1  VOLUME OK> Fixed Direct Access SCSI-0 device
da0: 135.168MB/s transfers
da0: 34727MB (71122560 512 byte sectors: 255H 32S/T 8716C)

I cant remember doing anything special to get it running, simply
setup the raid in the BIOS and install bsd on the resulting raid volume.