Date:      Sat, 18 Nov 2000 20:14:44 +0100
From:      "robi" <rnunnari@libero.it>
To:        questions@freebsd.org

Hi there.

I already posted this a week ago but got no asnwer...
Hope to be more lucky this time...

I have a problem, here... :(

I have a pc with FreeBSD-STABLE 4.1.1 I'm very happy with,
but now I need to add a second bootable OS on it beside
FreeBSD. I know that if I just go with the second OS
installation program, it will wipe out my FreeBSD bootsector
and most likely all FreeBSD, and that must not happen!

On this pc I have a 10GB ata disk and a good part of it
is free.

Questions:

1.
Is there an easy way to install the second os on the
same disk or (as I'm more oriented to) take out FreeBSD
disk, add another disk, install the second os on that
disk, reinsert the FreeBSD disk as the primary disk, and
then use FreeBSD tools to configure a dual boot?
And if that's the way to go, can anybody help me out
with that?

2.
At present I only have the following partitions:

/dev/ad0s1a  /     ufs
/dev/ad0s1b  none  swap
/dev/ad0s1e  /var  ufs
/dev/ad0s1f  /usr  ufs

I would like to split /usr (which is about 8GB) in two
or more...
Any hints on how to do that without loosing the valuable
data that is already on /usr ?

Please answer to my mailbox as well, as I'm not on the list.

Best regards.
--
Roberto Nunnari
Luck is... miss the wrong train.