Date:      Fri, 01 Jun 2001 08:53:01 -0700
From:      Marvin McNett <mmcnett@cs.ucsd.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   lpd problem

I'm having a problem with lpd when started at boot time (running
4.3-RELEASE).  When I subsequently try to print, my printer sounds as if
it's getting ready to print, but nothing is printed.  When I check the
print que, it's empty.  Also, I'm getting no errors from the print log
(I've started with lpd -l).  However, if I restart lpd after the machine
has booted up, everything seems to work just fine.

Any ideas about what's going on here?  I'd rather not have to restart
lpd after booting since I'm not the only one using the printer and won't
remember to do this.

Thanks,
Marvin