Date:      Fri, 13 Jun 2003 21:22:37 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How do I change the envelope from address in sendmail

[sorry Jon, I'm trying to do 5 things at once and forgot to CC the list]

Jonathan Chen wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 08:33:07PM -0400, Bill Moran wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>>howtos I found, but it doesn't seem to be helping.  What's the proper way to
>>get sendmail to use user@domain.com instead of user@machine.domain.com?
>

> You have to add the following into your /etc/mail/`hostname`.mc file.
>
>     MASQUERADE_AS(domain.com)
>     FEATURE(`masquerade_envelope')

Thanks, but this hasn't helped.  Any suggestions on what I could be doing
wrong?

I added the two lines above to my .mc file and did a 'make; make restart' in
the /etc/mail directory.  The results are the same.  My .mc file is stock
otherwise except I've defined a SMART_HOST.

Any ideas?

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies