Date:      Wed, 4 Oct 1995 12:55:48 -0500
From:      dkelly@tomcat1.tbe.com (David Kelly)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, corellg@bravo.imagi.net
Subject:   Re: kiss mode

corellg@bravo.imagi.net said:
> I just looked in the /etc/services file and was suprised to find a
> kis port. is there more support for kiss mode &/or AX.25 in FreeBSD?
> If so, is anybody using it.

I *want* to, but haven't got as far as you. Have noticed in
ftp://ftp.ucsd.edu/hamradio/packet/tcpip/bsd there is a collection of
diffs for putting AX.25 into the 386BSD kernel. As I understand this was
the basis for AX.25 under Linux.

The question is: How much support for AX.25 is available for FreeBSD?
Anyone interested in creating missing support? I have thought the tunnel
interface used by iijppp would be very useful for an amateur radio
protocol stack. I understand TNOS runs under FreeBSD and interfaces to
the native network stack via SL/IP on a pty.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, n4hhe@amsat.org, dkelly@nebula.tbe.com, dkelly@iquest.com