Date:      Sat, 16 May 1998 16:05:12 -0400
From:      MALCOLM BOFF <Malcolm_Boff@compuserve.com>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Problem with tip command

I have been trying (with a lot of help from Brian) to establish a PPP
connection
with no success at all. Brian's last suggestion was to see if I could get
the
login prompts using 'tip'. I set up /etc/remote, /etc/modems (as best I
know
how) and gave it a whirl (see attached miscellany of file details) but the
command 'tip demon' says that it cannot sync with the modem (a US
Robotics 14400). I am now at a loss as to where I go next.

I have pestered Brian with the PPP problem enough until I can get some
basic comms working.

For reasons that I won't go into here I am running 2.2.2 Release and if
possible I don't want to upgrade at this time.

All help would be welcome in getting me off the ground

Malcolm G. Boff
Sylmex Ltd.