Date:      Sat, 13 Jun 1998 09:16:31 -0500
From:      Dave  Bender <bendede@startribune.com>
To:        "'questions@FreeBSD.org'" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Reading mail on remote machine

Is it possible to read mail on a remote machine using any of the FreeBSD mail tools?

I want to check mail on a machine across the network from my FreeBSD machine. The remote machine doesn't have many (or any) utilities for reading mail. I want to avoid using POP3 because I access the mail from many places and don't want it left lying in each of those places (although I am curious what sort of pop3 clients are available on FreeBSD).

Many thanks for any pointers.