Date:      Tue, 15 Sep 2015 13:47:47 -0600
From:      Glenn English <ghe@slsware.net>
To:        Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
Cc:        freebsdQuestions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 10.2 graphics problem

On Sep 15, 2015, at 1:31 PM, Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com> wrote:

> Without details of what actually happens, it is difficult to determine =
the cause.

I thought I'd done that. What would you like to see/know?

>  But it is probably due to using the old console, sc(4). Use vt(4) by =
adding this to /boot/loader.conf:

According to ls and cat, the file is empty.

>> I'm thinking the problem may have to do with dbus.
>=20
> Probably not, although dbus is used by xfce.

Thanks. Looking down the wrong path. But if XFCE needs it, don't I need =
to have it working?

> When the package is installed, the user was created. =20

I'll uninstall and try again. What package? dbus, xorg, or something =
completely different?

> Start dbus in /etc/rc.conf and forget about it:

It doesn't start dbus -- same error.

>  dbus_enable=3D"YES"

Already done.

--=20