Date:      Thu, 28 Mar 2002 16:50:44 +0100
From:      Walter Hop <walter@binity.com>
To:        F.Xavier Noria <fxn@isoco.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: how to connect two PCs occasionally

> At home I have a desktop and a laptop, both running FreeBSD 4.x.
>
> Occassionally I would like to connect them to pass files. What would you
> recommend to accomplish it without having a LAN? I would like to be able
> to plug them easily, pass some data, and just unplug them, if there is
> such a thing.

I'd still use ethernet adapters, they are cheap and will be of good use
later anyway. If you just want to connect these two, you can use a UTP
crosscable, you don't need a hub.

Files can then be conveniently transferred with FTP, scp, NFS, whatever
you like..

--
 Walter Hop <walter@binity.com> | +31 6 24290808 | PGP keyid 0x84813998