Date:      Sun, 26 Sep 1999 11:10:55 -0400
From:      Dan Moschuk <dan@freebsd.org>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@hub.FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Christian Carstensen <cc@devcon.net>, Chris Costello <chris@calldei.com>, freebsd-hackers@hub.FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: updating packages automatically...

| If you're interested, I've got patches for sysutils/pkg_version
| that support a '-c' flag (for 'commands') that show you the commands
| you should run to update any out of date ports.  I cron this and mail
| the output out once a week.
|
| You could have it automatically create and execute a shell script if
| you wanted.  Sample output from one of my boxes is:

[snip]

I think this is a great idea, and certainly one of the things (the only thing?)
I actually liked debian.  I would much rather see this integrated somewhere
in /etc/periodic/weekly, and have it output a shell script that can be run
manually.

--
Dan Moschuk (TFreak!dan@freebsd.org)
"Try not.  Do, or do not.  There is no try."