Date:      Mon, 17 Jul 2000 12:13:38 +0530
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
To:        David Scheidt <dscheidt@enteract.com>
Cc:        Francisco Reyes <fran@reyes.somos.net>, FreeBSd Chat list <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Looking for X email client

David Scheidt said on Jul 16, 2000 at 22:31:25:
> On Sun, 16 Jul 2000, Francisco Reyes wrote:
>
> :Any suggestions on an X email client?
> :I just tried "spruce" and it was horrible. Not only it crashed
> :continuously, it even froze the entire machine. The first time
> :in 5 years using FreeBSD that a program freezes the whole
> :machine. I could not even ssh in from another computer.
>

> What's wrong with a terminal based one?  You can do xterm -e foo so you can
> launch it from a menu or a desktop icon if you feel the need.

That's what I do too.  You can set up helpers for various attachments.
And if you run it in a terminal like rxvt with suitable resource
settings, and it beeps for new mail (like pine does and mutt can be
made to do), it automatically de-iconifies -- which is rather nice.

The other "in development" ones which I was referring to were balsa,
evolution (already mentioned), kmail (actually this is supposed to be
stable, but I don't know) and magellan.  I've read good things about
xfmail too.  I've never used any of these, so I have absolutely no
opinion.

Rahul.