Date:      Wed, 1 Dec 1999 13:56:36 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        David Gilbert <dgilbert@velocet.ca>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vinum crash... how to proceed.

On Mon, 29 Nov 1999, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > Ok... on my 8 drive vinum system, I can cause a crash with a simple
> > "du" in a directory which is a copy of a normal usr filesystem.  My
> > problem is that the kernel dump (as follows) is less-than-helpful.
> > Why is the 5th frame on the stack 0x0?  How do I find out what caused
> > the trap() call?
>
> Look at frame 3 - it's quite obvious.

	Well, "obvious" here is a relative term Jordan. :) It seems to me
that he was asking for just the information you provided, but since he
actually did what we ask people to do (send in full info, traces,
etc.) let's not jump his case for not already knowing how to debug trace
backs, eh?

Doug (who had to learn this stuff too, way back when)
--
"Welcome to the desert of the real."

    - Laurence Fishburne as Morpheus, "The Matrix"