Date:      Sun, 20 Dec 1998 02:34:53 -0500
From:      Mark Barbisan <barbisan@interlog.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   DNS & Qmail

Hello out there!

Well, I am running FreeBSD 2.2.7 on a stand-alone computer and I am trying
to setup QMAIL. I installed the latest version from the ports section and
when I run /var/qmail/configure/config I get the following output:

Your hostname is: mylastname.myisp.com
soft error
Sorry, I couldn't find your hosts canonical name in DNS
You will have to setup control/me yourself

DNS works fine when I am connected to the 'net, and I followed every word
from the Handbook under the PPP Section. Does anyone have any ideas of what
I should do so I can configure Qmail?

Thanks for your help,

Mark Barbisan.