Date:      Mon, 2 Aug 1999 09:42:53 +0100 (BST)
From:      Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
To:        Randall Hopper <aa8vb@ipass.net>
Cc:        Marc van Woerkom <van.woerkom@netcologne.de>, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3D board for XFree86 GLX - Please recommend

On Sun, 1 Aug 1999, Randall Hopper wrote:

> Marc van Woerkom:
>  |TNT-2 and TNT-2 Ultra cards are for sale here.
>  |Plus I've seen some cheap brand I don't know how to value it.
>  |They offer a 32 MB "TNT2 Model 64" (whatever that is) for less than a
>  |brand name TNT board.
>  |    http://www.powertech-electronics.de/mn_grafikkarten.html
>
> Quick question on TNT2.  It sounds like the top-performer with Voodoo3
> neck-and-neck or not far behind, depending on the game.  But I've yet to
> see a PCI version of a TNT2-based board.  Is there such a thing?  Or does
> TNT2 imply an AGP interface?

I think its possible to get TNT2 with PCI. Someone told me that future
nvidia boards will be AGP only though which really sucks since none of my
alphas have AGP and I don't think alphas will ever have AGP. It also makes
it impossible to use them in a multihead configuration since I think AGP
is limited to exactly one slot.

--
Doug Rabson				Mail:  dfr@nlsystems.com