Date:      Wed, 13 Aug 2003 07:10:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tilman Linneweh <tilman@arved.de>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/55538: [patch] add screenshots to desktop chapter

The following reply was made to PR docs/55538; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Tilman Linneweh <tilman@arved.de>
To: Josef El-Rayes <j.el-rayes@daemon.li>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 16:06:28 +0200

 * Josef El-Rayes [Mi, 13 Aug 2003 at 14:10 GMT]:
 > 		doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x11/chapter.sgml:
 >                 i added two screenshots showing a kde and a freebsd desktop
 >                 because i think it is necessary to not only talk but also
 >                 show how these desktop actually "look". i have not seen a
 >                 single book or article about wm/desktops without images yet.
 >
 >                 the images are available at:
 >                 http://www.daemon.li/downloads/gnomedesktop.png
 >                 http://www.daemon.li/downloads/kdedesktop.png

 No, I don't like them. The GNOME one has a mixture of German and English on it
 and a strange font. The KDE one doesn't show specific KDE Applications and contains
 lots of German texts too. The KDE-FreeBSD Website has many better KDE Screenshots.
 Please submit some more default-style Screenshots.

 Second I don't think that the Handbook should be a screenshot gallery.