Date:      Thu, 26 May 2016 23:52:45 -0500
From:      Dustin Marquess <dmarquess@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Changing MTU on cxgbe

After my many issues with ixgbe & ixv, I ended up removing the Intel
X520s with Chelsio T420-CR and the Intel X710s with Chelsio T520-CR.
So far so good, except I can't seem to change the MTU away from 1500.
In fact, ifconfig can't seem to change the mtu at all.  On -CURRENT as
of yesterday:

# ifconfig -m cxgbe0
cxgbe0: flags=8943<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,PROMISC,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST>
metric 0 mtu 1500
options=ec07bb<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,VLAN_MTU,VLAN_HWTAGGING,JUMBO_MTU,VLAN_HWCSUM,TSO4,TSO6,LRO,VLAN_HWTSO,LINKSTATE,RXCSUM_IPV6,TXCSUM_IPV6>
capabilities=ecc7bb<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,VLAN_MTU,VLAN_HWTAGGING,JUMBO_MTU,VLAN_HWCSUM,TSO4,TSO6,LRO,TOE4,TOE6,VLAN_HWTSO,LINKSTATE,RXCSUM_IPV6,TXCSUM_IPV6>
ether 00:07:43:11:2b:80
nd6 options=29<PERFORMNUD,IFDISABLED,AUTO_LINKLOCAL>
media: Ethernet 10Gbase-Twinax <full-duplex>
status: active
supported media:
media 10Gbase-Twinax mediaopt full-duplex

# ifconfig cxgbe0 mtu 9000
ifconfig: ioctl SIOCSIFMTU (set mtu): Invalid argument

# ifconfig cxgbe0 mtu 1500
ifconfig: ioctl SIOCSIFMTU (set mtu): Invalid argument

Any ideas?

Also, the Chelsios don't seem to use iovctl to do SR-IOV like the
Intels did (I'm using bhyve).  I assume that's what the
hw.cxgbe.num_vis loader setting is for?

Thanks!
-Dustin