Date:      Fri, 10 Apr 1998 21:45:49 -0500
From:      John Kenagy <jktheowl@bga.com>
To:        atc@npr.org
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   LinuxOS

Interesting, but there are other operating systems that are free
and they have a history that goes back further than Linux.

I use FreeBSD, a decendant of the Berkely Unix developed to run
on big systems. It is powerful, stable, and has a more coherent
development plan. It is fully supported by the development team
and a list of volunteers on several mailing lists.

If I were still in the computer business, it would be my choice.
It is not a moving target like Linux' "committee" idea makes it.

John Kenagy
Austin, Texas