Date:      Mon, 6 Oct 1997 13:24:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "User Rdkeys Robert D. Keys" <rdkeys@seedlab1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        rdkeys@seedlab1.cropsci.ncsu.edu (User RDKEYS Robert D. Keys)
Subject:   GCC - math coprocessor problems?

Does anyone know if the lack of a co-processor affects gcc operation on
FreeBSD 2.xx or 3.xx?  I have one source that I was trying to compile
that usually compiles fine on all my FBSD boxes.  On this one machine,
I took out the math coprocessor and put it in another box.  Then a bit
later I brought up 2.1.7.1 on it and it seems to be running fine.  Then
I tried a tex compile from native sources (which usually runs fine on
my 486 boxes), and on this partcular 386 box gcc came back with parsing
errors after including a second level of header file.  I tried different
ram, different processor speeds, different wait states, cache/no-cache,
etc., and none of that fixed the problem.  The only thing I can attribute
it to is the presence or absence of the coprocessor, which seems strange.

Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks

Bob Keys
rdkeys@seedlab1.cropsci.ncsu.edu