Date:      Mon, 20 Sep 1999 16:20:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@TECHNOLOGIST.COM>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/13809: new port: sysutils/wmbattery

On 20-Sep-99 Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Sep 1999, TAOKA Satoshi wrote:
>> I think wmbattery had better be set gid (to operator).
>> See wmapm port.

I agree.. I inadvertently forgot to add that part..

> Better make sure it's secure - many of these wm* utilities share a common
> heritage, and at least one (wmmon) contained buffer overflows from
> command-line arguments, and even processed arbitrary shell commands in a
> dotfile as the setuid user. :-(

Well.. not much I can do about it right now since I don't even know what
programming habits/mistakes lead to buffer overflows.. meaning I can't look for
buffer overflows in wmbattery.

People install ports at their own risk. There are, after all, ways for a user
to place restrictions on the programs installed by such.

--
Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>