Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 2002 11:58:31 +1100
From:      BSD Freak <bsd-freak@mbox.com.au>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FreeBSD gif tunnels

Hi everyone,

I hope you all having a good day......

Well I've got a bit of a dilemma.... I have setup FreeBSD as a
IPSEC/gif tunnel VPN gateway between multiple sites but now I need to
have travelling Windoze and Linux laptops to be able to tunnel into the
corporate network. So far I have been doing this with an NT box behind
the gateway running a PPTP server but I really want to decomission this
silly old thing. I have googled all round the place but not found any
thing regarding the possibility of estabilishing a gif tunnel with my
FreeBSD gateway from Windoze or Linux clients, surely this must be
possible? I have even got transport mode IPSEC working from Windoze
laptops so a gif tunnel is my last step for a perfect FreeBSD VPN
solution. Is this possible? If not what other options do I have for
getting travelling laptops onto our corporate network (and SSH port
forwarding is not an option).

Any help would be greatly appreciated....