Date:      Sun, 12 Nov 2006 17:40:31 GMT
From:      Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@tensor.3miasto.net>
To:        freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: amd64/105437: 6.2-BETA3 crashes on amd64

The following reply was made to PR amd64/105437; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@tensor.3miasto.net>
To: Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.org>
Cc: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@3miasto.net>, bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 18:32:36 +0100 (CET)

 > options         INVARIANTS              # Enable calls of extra sanity checking
 > options         INVARIANT_SUPPORT       # Extra sanity checks of internal structures, required by INVARIANTS
 > options         WITNESS                 # Enable checks to detect deadlocks and cycles
 > options         WITNESS_SKIPSPIN        # Don't run witness on spinlocks for speed
 >
 > It will run more slowly, but could allow to catch the bug earlier.
 >
 > It could turn out to be a problem with the IPv6 routing code.

 yes i DO use IPv6 intensively.

 this machine has native IPv6 connectivity, offers native connectivity and
 over TUN (ppp) and tunnels over gif.

 options added kernel compiled machine rebooted. on what messages should i
 look for?

 now i know that sometimes 2 machines in my IPv6 network crashes at the
 same time? special kind of packets?

 will my firewall config and kernel config help?