Date:      Thu, 4 Jul 2002 19:32:58 +0200
From:      Nils Vogels <nivo+freebsd-questions@yuckfou.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Source based routing

Hi there!

For my home situation I'll soon have two permanent connections, both
terminating on one firewall.

On that firewall I'd like to do source-based routing, ie determine which perm.
connection it has to go to, on the bases of source IP.

Example: Host X is the firewall, host Y is my mail server, host Z is my
workstation. Connection A is a cable connection, connection B is an ADSL
connection, their bandwidth is not equal.

When host Z wants to connect to the internet, I would like it to travel over
to connection B, but when host Y does, I would to have this travel connection
A.

Now my main question is: How do i configure host X, which is FreeBSD
4.6-RELEASE ? ;-)

Thanks in advance for any hints/tips

Gr,

--
Nils Vogels		PGP:0xC26BD15F Available on keyservers.
S@H:4988WU/6.761yr	--> setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu. Will you find aliens?

My other computer is your windows box.