Date:      Fri, 9 Feb 2001 15:38:04 -0500 (EST)
From:      "[gill]" <gill@topsecret.net>
To:        Anatoly Karp <karp@math.wisc.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Q] clean way to get rid of games and more

I have in the past safely commented out the games and kerberos lines in
the cvsup supfile.  You could also use /usr/sup/refuse to list the files
you don't want to pull down via cvsup.

I don't know about blowing away the games tree, i doubt anything would
break (but i'm not going to test it for you ... i like fortune too
much) ;)  and I can't comment on what other files you could refuse/delete.

here is my refuse file if you're curious

doc/es*
doc/ja*
doc/ru*
doc/zh*
doc/fr*
ports/chinese*
ports/german*
ports/japanese*
ports/korean*
ports/russian*
ports/vietnamese*
www/es*
www/ja*
www/ru*
www/zh*
data/es*
data/ja*
data/ru*
data/zh*
www/data/es*
www/data/ja*
www/data/ru*
www/data/zh*
src/share/doc/es*
src/share/doc/ja*
src/share/doc/ru*
src/share/doc/zh*

 --
This is my ~/.signature file.
It is the digital equivalent of a bumpersticker.

Remember?  When you said:

->Hello all,
->
->I'm running 4.2-STABLE and I have a full set of sources
->installed. Now I realize I don't need /usr/games and
->a few other parts of the source tree (so yes I want
->to get rid of them, and never, ever, see them appear
->on my machine, via cvsup or otherwise)
->
->My question is: what is a clean way to achieve this?
->Can I just do, say,
->
-># rm -rf /usr/games
->(but I'm worried if it might ruin some crucial dependencies
->somewhere)
->
->and update my cvsup-file correspondingly?
->
->The same question applies to (some) ports that
->I don't need.
->
->Many thanks,
->Anatoly
->
->
->To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo@FreeBSD.org
->with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message
->