Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 2000 14:50:25 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
Cc:        "Ogren, Eric C." <ecogren@rsasecurity.com>, freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/18792: date man page has misleading description of -r op tion

--X9hp/qFlD/MyfJCu

Mark Ovens wrote:

> [Trimmed stonewall@btinternet.com from the Cc:. It was me using Netscape =
:(]
>=20
> On Thu, Jul 13, 2000 at 03:44:50PM -0400, Ogren, Eric C. wrote:
>> Hmm...how bout a compromise?
>>=20
>> -r print out the date and time represented by _seconds_,
>> where _seconds_ is the number of seconds since the Epoch
>> (00:00:00 UTC, January 1, 1970; see time(3)).
>=20
> I reckon that's the one. Anyone disagree?

No, looks fine to me.  I came up with almost identical wording in
another message I think, about the same time as Eric.  (I wouldn't
include the word "out" since it seems unnecessary, but I'm really not
bothered much either way.)

Very few people have got involved with this discussion, so I'd say it's
safe to commit since no-one really is bothered that much...

--=20
Ben Smithurst                 / ben@FreeBSD.org / PGP: 0x99392F7D
FreeBSD Documentation Project /

--X9hp/qFlD/MyfJCu