Date:      Mon, 7 Oct 1996 12:19:47 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Bowman <desslock@ix.comcat.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installation of 2.1.5 off DOS directory

	I'm trying to install FreeBSD off of a DOS partition.  My hardware
configuration is as follows:

486 DX-4100 with 16MB RAM
540 Meg Western Digital with one primary and one extended (two logical)
DOS drives recognised by FreeBSD as wd0s0 and wd0s1.
1.6 Gig Seagate with one extended (recognised as wd1s0) as by FreeBSD
boot drive and 1.4 Gig unused (partitioned and labeled through FreeBSD
installation.

The installation process sets up the unused portion of the second IDE,
uses the newfs command on the drive, and then I get an error message
stating that it couldn't mount /dev/wd1s0 in /dos:  Error (22).

Do I have to create a special /dos label greater thn or equal to the size
of my install partition?  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

					-john