Date:      Sun, 2 Feb 2014 13:01:14 +0000
From:      dgmm <freebsd01@dgmm.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: usb 3.0 pci cards

On Sunday 02 February 2014 07:19:57 John wrote:
> Having searched a bit, I can't definitively find instances of where
> freebsd-10-R *doesn't* support usb3.0 pci. What I'm looking for is one
> that definitely *does*, at full usb3.0 speeds. Can anyone advise please

On FreeBSD 9.2-RELEASE-p3

I just bought a cheap,  no-name from the local computer shop.  It's now
running a pair of 4TB HDDs in an 8TB ZFS pair to backup my server.

pciconf -lv

gives me...

xhci0@pci0:2:0:0:	class=0x0c0330 card=0x00000000 chip=0x00151912 rev=0x02
hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Renesas Technology Corp.'
    class      = serial bus
    subclass   = USB

zpool iostat shows data transfers at about 7-8MB/s copying files in either
direction.