Date:      Mon, 30 Mar 1998 07:10:17 -0500 (EST)
From:      Dexnation Holodream <dex@wankers.net>
To:        Marc Fournier <marc.fournier@acadiau.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 2940UW with two ?? UW drives...

the 2940UW is a great controller.  I have a system that (up to this point)
has NEVER crashed.  I've run 2.2.5-STABLE and 2.2.6-STABLE on it.  My
longest uptime was 51 days, 15:31, and that's cause I got really lazy
about cvsup, and decided to see how long it would stay up...and then they
went and  released 2.2.6...

here are a few questions for you to answer:

1) can you repeatedly connect to it (but not get a login prompt)
2) how long do you wait for the prompt
3) what is the machine doing
4) do you have any sort of firewall between you and the box
5) what are the loads on the box
6) are there any in.telnetd.core files
7) are there any login.core files
8) what minor release are you running (2, 5, or 6)

-Jon