Date:      Tue, 20 Jul 1999 11:35:46 -0700
From:      Gregory Sutter <gsutter@pobox.com>
To:        Michael Hartung <hartung@zkom.de>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RAID-controller

On Tue, Jul 20, 1999 at 02:29:32PM +0200, Michael Hartung wrote:

> Can anybody tell me which SCSI RAID-controller is the best ( and
> cheapest ) one to implement RAID-1 under FreeBSD 3.x. What about the
> storage management software?

vinum(8) is the best software method, which would certainly be the
cheapest.  It's included in the base FreeBSD system.

Any SCSI-SCSI RAID controller will work under FreeBSD.  I personally
have had good luck (and relatively cheap prices) with Infortrend,
<http://www.infortrend.com/>.

It is likely that no vendor's storage management software will work
under FreeBSD.

Greg
--
Gregory S. Sutter                    Cole's Law:  Thinly sliced cabbage.
mailto:gsutter@pobox.com