Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 2002 21:56:50 -0400
From:      Jud <jud@myrealbox.com>
To:        Scott Robbins <scottro@nyc.rr.com>, Morsal Rodbay <morsal@swipnet.se>
Cc:        Jordan K Hubbard <jkh@queasyweasel.com>, C J Michaels <cjm2@earthling.net>, Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD Hackers <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Does FreeBSD have a problem with some AMD processors?

6/18/2002 5:49:48 PM, Morsal Rodbay <morsal@swipnet.se> wrote:

>On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 05:24:38PM -0400, Scott Robbins wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 10:17:57PM +0200, Morsal Rodbay wrote:
>> > Someone mentioned this MTRR problem earlier, I even tried a
patch but it was
>> > unsuccessful. I think I'll make a new try with FreeBSD 4.6, maybe
things
>> > will be more successful then.
>>
>> The particular problem seems to be with some (not all) ASUS
>> boards.  I had the problem and it has been fixed with 4.6
>
>Glad to hear that, going to install 4.6 soon.

I don't think it's to do with MTRR.  From on and off-list correspondence
with folks trying to get FreeBSD running on the A7V333 (on which I'm
happily running 4-STABLE), it's Soeren Schmidt's ATA driver
improvements which allow FreeBSD to work with the PDC20276
controller chip.  These were committed after 4.5-RELEASE.

Jud