Date:      Thu, 18 Nov 2004 13:21:48 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Crystal Chiang <crystal@netnation.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FW: FreeBSD donation (sponsorship)

--RASg3xLB4tUQ4RcS

On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 09:18:21AM -0800, Crystal Chiang wrote:
> I don't really understand how the FreeBSD organization works, it seems like
> my e-mail was replied by an amount of people that's not part of this
> organization. If you don't represent FreeBSD, I will not respond from this
> point on.

Your email was sent to a global, public mailing list, which is why you
got responses from random FreeBSD users around the world.  Also, I'm
not sure that you realise that FreeBSD.org is a volunteer project; as
such it doesn't have a formal PR or marketing department.

You mentioned specifically about offering to "sponsor" freebsd.org's
website, but I'm not sure what you mean by that - do you just mean
hosting the website, or something else?  We're not in need of hosting
for www.freebsd.org itself, although you could for example host a own
mirror of it, which is always welcome.

Kris

--RASg3xLB4tUQ4RcS