Date:      Fri, 21 Mar 1997 10:51:51 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Michael Petry <petry@netwolf.NetMasters.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Changes for Audio control on the bt848 code

Hi,

I've received 2 or 3 reports of success, no failures, so I just committed
the latest patches for sound control to the bt848 driver. Thanx
Michael!

This version is tested on both hauppauge and stb boards, providing
sound control of both tuner audio and external audio.  The CD pass-thru
doesn't appear to be controllable on the STB board.  I didn't even try to
control it on the hauppauge, the tech support guy there said that it is
merely a passthru, no on-board control possible.  I guess they expect
you to control it via your CD utility.

Yhis version also does auto-detection of card type, tuner type, and presence
of stereo option.  It prints info about what it thinks it found during boot
immediately after announcing the driver probe.  Please compare this
info (available via dmesg) to your actual card and report the success/failure
to correctly detect things to me.  If it works correctly for your
hardware there is no longer any need to add card-type options to your kernel
config file (they might even cause a name clash).  Remove them, reconfig
and rebuild the kernel.  If the hardware isn't properly detected there is a
new method for override outlined in the new version of README.bt848.

  Note that I reorganized the order of sections of brooktree848.c, so
future patches against it vs the last version would be almost impossible,
time to update.

If you can't get files via cvs, there is a tarball of this on the web page,
you want the 970320 version.

Note that this driver changed the string TUNERTYPE_xxx to CHNLSET_xxx,
breaking the latest fxtv-0.3.  changing all the occurrances in tvcapture.c
of TUNERTYPE_xxx to CHNLSET_xxx will fix the problem.

--
Steve Passe	| powered by