Date:      Sat, 20 Aug 2005 19:50:18 +0200
From:      Christian Vogt <chvogt@tm.uka.de>
To:        Andre Oppermann <andre@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, TM-RO2 <tm-ro2@tm.uka.de>
Subject:   Re: Deactivate TCP Hostcache?

--------------enig04BF8EF4F8D0F70D4DBDF92D

Hi Andre,

thanks for the info.

What I did is this:  I changed the TCP_HOSTCACHE_PRUNE constant from 5
minutes to 5 seconds.  After one experimentation run, my scripts call
'sysctl net.inet.tcp.hostcache.purge=1 && sleep 5'.

This guarantees that there is no remaining info in the TCP hostcache
when the next experimentation run takes off.

Bye,
- Christian

--
Christian Vogt, Institute of Telematics, University of Karlsruhe
www.tm.uka.de/~chvogt/pubkey/