Date:      Sat, 14 Aug 1999 18:17:35 -0400
From:      "David S. Jackson" <dsj@dsj.net>
To:        Damien Tougas <dtougas@converging.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Colours in Mutt

So then Damien Tougas (dtougas@converging.net) said . . .

> Hello,
>
> When using Mutt through a telnet/ssh program (I am currently using
> Tera Term Pro), how come colours do not work?  Colours seem to work
> fine in Vim, but not Mutt.  Is there some setting that I can set to
> make them work?

Sounds to me like Tera Term doesn't like something about the ANSI
color escapes used by Mutt.

Since Mutt works fine under normal circumstances, the fault probably
lies with Tera Term in how it recognizes/interprets color escapes.
Sounds like your TERM environment is okay since Vim works.  Did you
build Mutt with SLang or ncurses?  That might be the culpret possibly.

ideas:  Try other tty-based color programs such as lynx, slrn, elvis,
whatever.  See if you can isolate consistencies among the color
resources that don't work.  IE, do all your curses-based color
programs work?  All your SLang-built programs work?  Etc.  I don't
know a thing about Tera Term, so more than this I cannot say.  I think
I remember some TTY related info from Sven Guckes homepage.  You can
search for it or I can find it for you if you can't.  Wish I could
better answer your question!

--
David S. Jackson                       http://www.dsj.net