Date:      Sun, 07 May 2000 01:22:32 GMT
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@neomedia.it>
To:        Vonnie Gurgin <vg@vg-consult.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I have managed to loose root access on my own system

On 5/7/00, 12:55:55 AM, Vonnie Gurgin <vg@vg-consult.com> wrote
regarding I have managed to loose root access on my own system:

> Do'h  I tried to change the shell for root.

> Now when I try to su to root I get:

> su: usr/local/bin/tcsh: No such file or directory

> All advice/help will me greatly appreciated!

> Thanks -- Vonnie

Dear Vonnie Gurgin,

have you installed the tcsh shell from the ports collection ? Or as a
package ?

There is another possibility, ie you are running -CURRENT: in this
case, /bin/csh is the same as ... (surprise !) /bin/tcsh. I bet you
forgot that ... (N.B. I have been THERE :-))

BTW, have you tried to boot single user ?

Best regards,
Salvo