Date:      Thu, 24 Feb 2005 23:00:36 +0100
From:      Edward Lichtner <lichtner@9online.fr>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   How do I get KDM to launch KDE ?

Hi,
I selected KDM to run at startup by editing /etc/ttys :
ttyv8   =B3/usr/local/bin/kdm =ADnodaemon=B2   xterm   on   secure
I also created a .xsession file both in /root and in my home directory with
the line :
exec startkde
When I reboot, KDM starts up but when I login (correct password), the login
windows disappears, the KDM background remains and KDE doesn=B9t start.
However, KDE starts fine when I run startx in a terminal session.
Is there something I didn=B9t do properly ?
Thanks,
Edward

BTW, I use FreeBSD 5.3, Xorg 6.7.0-9, KDE 3.3.0-4