Date:      Fri, 26 Dec 2003 22:29:55 +0100
From:      Boris Staeblow <bs@dva.in-berlin.de>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   need testers for a ipfw rule generation script!

Hello,

I need some testers for a ipfw rule generation script.
Because I have to administer some dialup internet-routers based on FreeBSD I
´ve
written this script to simplify the ipfw rule maintainance.
Many rules are collected from serval FreeBSD forums, HOWTO´S and man-pages.

here is the README:

FIRE V1.07, 23 Dec. 2003, first public release

The "fire" script creates a set of ipfw rules dynamically, depending of
the settings in the main configuration file.

Although this script is flexible, the main target is a single local network
with internet-access over an internet-connected device (usually tunX from
ppp)

- Of course I`m grateful for improvements, as I´m not a firewall
  and script expert!
- Forgive any mistake in writing.
- DO NOT TRUST THE RESULTING IPFW-RULES BLINDLY!!! CHECK RULES WITH "ipfw
list"!
- USE THIS SCRIPT AT YOUR OWN RISK!
- Send comments, suggestions and diff´s to bs at dva.in-berlin.de :)

download the latest version at http://dva.dyndns.org