Date:      Wed, 29 Nov 2000 19:43:11 -0700
From:      Stacy Millions <stacy@millions.ca>
To:        Bill Woods <bwoods2@uswest.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Here is what IBM thinks about using FreeBSD on their newer Thinkpads

Bill Woods wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, Brett Glass wrote:

[ SNIP ]

> >                                        And I won't even
> > get into how awful their service is if your laptop ever
> > fails.
>
> Hmmmm....Their service has been REAL good to me, the basically
> replaced my whole laptop when I spilled coffee on it, and it dident
> cost me a dime, it was warreentee(sp), also on my other 600e, when
> my baby boy ripped the keys off and broke the springs, they replaced
> the keyboard, in warreentee.

So IBM "supports" spilt coffee and rampaging babies, but they don't
support FreeBSD. Would they be more helpful if the baby installed
FreeBSD on your laptop while you weren't looking :-)

-stacy

--
Nothing spoils fun like finding out it builds character.
    - Calvin

Stacy Millions                                       stacy@millions.ca
Millions Consulting Limited