Date:      Wed, 13 Aug 1997 11:22:02 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        ache@nagual.pp.ru (=?KOI8-R?B?4c7E0sXKIP7F0s7P1w==?=)
Cc:        bde@zeta.org.au, current@FreeBSD.ORG, sos@sos.freebsd.dk, terry@lambert.org
Subject:   Re: siginterrupt (was Re: Error in sleep !)

> So, it means that we still compatible with POSIX here.
> I'll change
> 	the default behaviour on FreeBSD
> 	the default behaviour for signal(3) on FreeBSD
> to make siginterrupt(3) man page more clear.

Still wrong.  FreeBSD does not restart system calls by default.

I think it was a bad decision, but it's one required for a strict
POSIX environment.

I think it's wrong because it makes it hard to make section 3 calls
behave as system calls in the face of call restart.

Oh well.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---