Date:      Fri, 23 May 2003 20:17:22 -0700
From:      Doug Hardie <bc979@lafn.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fixit disk without a floppy drive

I just encountered a situation where a system without a floppy drive
failed with some disk corruption within files (not fsck issues).  In
the process of trying to recover it, I found I needed to use the fixit
disk.  I have used the floppy version successfully several times
before, but this machine doesn't have a floppy drive.  Sysinstall
indicated there was an equivallent fixit cd.  Where do you find that?
I found a back door to get this machine corrected, but I need to be
better prepared for the next failure.  FreeBSD 4.6.

-- Doug