Date:      Mon, 18 Dec 2000 14:33:59 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ray Qiu <ray_qiu@yahoo.com>
To:        Jesper Skriver <jesper@skriver.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PPPoE program

Hi Jesper,

I am not using DSL.  It is the apartment network.

But I think the PPPoE is based on bridged ethernet
packets.  If they are using hubs instead of switches
as the access points, then I am probably sharing the
same broadcast domain with other users.  They probably

will not change this for me.

Thanks anyway.

Regards,
Ray

--- Jesper Skriver <jesper@skriver.dk> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 02:19:37PM -0800, Ray Qiu
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I checked the source codes and found that the "no
> such
> > service" noise was coming from the ng_pppoe
> program.
> > The Netgraph system gets the PPPoE init
> packets(from
> > other users sharing the segment) and don't know
> how to
> > deal with it, since it is not providing the PPPoE
> > server service there is no hook.
> >
> > Should I turn it off by changing the source code?
> > Or how can I fix this problem?
>
> Call your DSL provider and have them fix their L2
> stuff, you shouldn't see other's PPPoE requests.
>
> /Jesper
>
> --
> Jesper Skriver, jesper(at)skriver(dot)dk  -  CCIE
> Work:    Network manager @ AS3292 (Tele Danmark
> DataNetworks)
> Private: Geek            @ AS2109 (A much smaller
> network ;-)
>
> One Unix to rule them all, One Resolver to find
> them,
> One IP to bring them all and in the zone to bind
> them.

> with "unsubscribe freebsd-stable" in the body of the
message