Date:      Sun, 07 Mar 1999 07:46:47 +0100
From:      Mark Hannon <mark.hannon@stockholm.mail.telia.com>
To:        "Mark S. Reichman" <mark@borg.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Use extended partition for FreeBSD?

Hi,
But my problem is that it is wd0s6, ie a 'logical' drive within the DOS
extended partition that I have available and logical drives do not appear
in fdisk!  When I fire up /stand/sysinstall I see this:

Disk name:      wd0                                    FDISK Partition Editor

DISK Geometry:  523 cyls/255 heads/63 sectors = 8401995 sectors

    Offset       Size        End     Name  PType       Desc  Subtype    Flags

         0         63         62        -      6     unused        0
        63    2056257    2056319    wd0s1      2        fat       11
   2056320    5510295    7566614    wd0s2      4   extended        5
   7566615     835380    8401994    wd0s3      3    freebsd      165    C
   8401995       2835    8404829        -      6     unused        0

It is not possible to look inside the extended partition!

Regards/Mark