Date:      Sat, 14 Aug 1999 15:21:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ludwig Pummer <ludwigp@bigfoot.com>
To:        juksi@iname.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: splash-screen in Vesa-mode with ati-mach64

On Sun, 15 Aug 1999, Jukka Simila wrote:

> Well, the subject tells it.
> Is there some module that makes using of VESA-mode with ati mach64 cards
> possible, or are the newest versions of fbsd perhaps able to deal with it?

Nope. Afraid not. ATIs don't have any kind of usable VESA support in
their video BIOS. ATI makes DOS TSRs for those folks who need to use
VESA in DOS, but unfortunately that doesn't work too well for us
FreeBSDers.

It really bites. I just got a new laptop with the ATI Rage Pro LT and I
can't even use any of the 320x200x8bpp console screensavers :(.

--Ludwig Pummer <ludwigp@bigfoot.com>