Date:      Wed, 23 Jul 2003 10:28:12 -0700
From:      Johnson David <DavidJohnson@Siemens.com>
To:        Kristian Rink <afterimage@gmx.net>, freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ACPI / APM on Acer Aspire 1310XC

On Wednesday 23 July 2003 01:01 am, Kristian Rink wrote:
> Hi all,...
>

> ...still struggling to get any sort of FreeBSD up and running on my
> Acer notebook, I am constantly failing. Facts:

It sounds like it's working fine under 5.0/5.1, if you keep ACPI turned
off. Although the lack of ACPI/APM on a laptop is a major annoyance,
FreeBSD is working.

ACPI is a relatively new feature of FreeBSD. It still has some rough
edges. My suggestion is to take this off of the -newbies list (since
the charter is 'no technical questions') and concentrate on ACPI on the
-questions, -mobile or -hardware lists.

David