Date:      Mon, 27 Aug 2012 21:31:41 -0700
From:      Tim Kientzle <tim@kientzle.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        George Neville-Neil <gnn@neville-neil.com>, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Avila GW2348-4 and VLANs not working

On Aug 27, 2012, at 12:01 PM, Warner Losh wrote:

>=20
> On Aug 27, 2012, at 11:55 AM, George Neville-Neil wrote:
>=20
>>=20
>> On Aug 27, 2012, at 18:40 , John-Mark Gurney <jmg@funkthat.com> =
wrote:
>>=20
>>> P.S.  Since I only have one board, and I'm using this as a firewall
>>> experimenting is a little difficult.  Anyone know of a another good
>>> ARM board that I could use (and isn't too expensive)?
>>=20
>> I'm a fan of the BeagleBone, which works with FreeBSD, and is about =
$89.
>>=20
>> http://beagleboard.org/buy
>>=20
>> Rasberry Pis are cheap but impossible to come by.
>=20
> Doesn't the BealgleBone have only one Ethernet?

1 Ethernet
1 Host USB
1 client USB
1 micro-SD
plus a fair chunk of GPIO and other expansion.

The Ethernet controller has a built-in switch, so you could  maybe =
connect another Ethernet PHY and connector via the expansion headers.  =
I'm still scratching my head over the right driver model for an Ethernet =
controller that has two connectors with independent MACs and a =
programmable switch engine between them and the host.

Tim