Date:      Sat, 25 Sep 2004 00:00:16 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas Moyer <tom@psu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   USB Not Detaching Correctly

I have configured my computer and PDA so that I can HotSync correctly
however after it completes the programs it runs should be stopped but they
continue to run which prevents me from HotSyncing again without manually
killing the processes in question.  Following is my usbd.conf file.

# Sony Clie (PDA)
device "Sony Clie"
	devname "ucom0"
	vendor  0x054c
	product 0x0066
	release 0x0100
	# pilot-link
	attach "/usr/sbin/ppp -auto palm; /usr/local/bin/pi-csd -H tmm324 -a 66.71.101.5 -n 255.255.255.0&"
	detach "/usr/local/bin/pi-detach"

The file pi-detach is:

#!/bin/sh
/usr/bin/killall ppp
/usr/bin/killall pi-csd

When the PDA is shown to be detached the file should run but it doesn't.
I did most of the obvious things...Check for executable but it doesn't
seem to work.

 Thomas Moyer
tmm324@psu.edu
DracoYung