Date:      Sat, 18 Nov 2000 00:49:46 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@flugsvamp.com>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@yogotech.com>, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: new monotime() call for all architectures.

> > > It's not returning units of any known time.  "bogocount()" maybe...
> >
> > How about 'slushycounter()'?
>
> falseticker()?  (Okay, probably too NTP specfic)

Whatever.

Part of this has gone bikeshed already.

What it's called, I don't care. I care that I have the facility,
and my customers (AKA the rest of you developers) care that it
doesn't break their favourite project.

Let's focus on a solution with a minimum of chatter? :-)

(Jonathan - not intended to you personally)S

Noted - "time" is contentious - perhaps call it monoticks().

Noted - "monotonic" is contentious - perhaps call it bogoticks().

Let's move forward.

Mark Murray