Date:      Tue, 26 Jun 2012 01:28:07 +0200
From:      rudo tomori <rudotx@gmail.com>
To:        soc-status@freebsd.org
Subject:   cpu limits status report

Hi,
the goal of my gsoc project is to enable the system administrators to
configure %CPU limits using the rctl command. So that they can for
example limit a particular user to 50% cpu time.

Last week I created a script that periodically samples %cpu usage for
a specified user and draws a plot of the collected data. Then I wanted
to run make buildworld under some user, impose %cpu limits on the user
and watch the results of the script to see how the %cpu limits work.
However, I did not get to it because I was also upgrading ports on my
machines I use for development and testing/debugging - and it took
quite a lot of time.

So I want to run these benchmarks this week.

rudo