Date:      Mon, 8 Jan 1996 23:07:25 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        jlrobins@zappa.cs.uncc.edu
Cc:        Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>, dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Hm...vat not working :(

On Mon, 8 Jan 1996 jlrobins@zappa.cs.uncc.edu wrote:

> [Q about how to fix NAS clients not connecting to server]
>
> I assume you've started the daemon "au".
>
> I've had to explicitly set the AUDIOSERVER env variable as described
> by the "nas" man page: setenv AUDIOSERVER tcp/localhost:8000. Only
> then did audemo / auplay work properly.
>
> I'm using SB16 set to irq 5.
>
> <shameless audio plug>
> Proof found at http://www.cs.uncc.edu/~jlrobins/myaudio/
> </shameless>

I'm working with Gary, and Nate too.  Can't get past the error:

ROOT:/root:1015 >au -aa

Fatal server error:
could not create audio connection block info

Is there any entry needed in /etc/services?  I have done the setenv you
advised before trying this, BTW.

Chuck Robey chuckr@eng.umd.edu -- I run FreeBSD on n3lxx and Journey2
The Dilbert Zone is Dilbert's new WWW home! The area
features never-before-seen original sketches of Dilbert, a photo tour
of Scott Adams' studio, Dilbert Trivia and memorabilia, high
school photos and much more!:
<URL:http://www.unitedmedia.com/comics/dilbert/>;