Date:      Tue, 19 Jan 1999 15:57:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami)
To:        sjr@home.net
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fetch problem with vtcl, is there a fix?

 * The port "devel/vtcl" keeps its fetched tar file as
 * "distfile/vtcl/current.tar.gz".
 *
 * When I went to upgrade from vtcl-1.11.1 to vtcl-1.20, the system thought
 * that I had already fetched the file, and "complained" about a checksum
 * mismatch. [Deleting the distfile and rebuilding worked.]
 *
 * Is there a way to fetch and rename the tar file to prevent this error
 * from happening?

Not really.  But you can set DIST_SUBDIR to "vtcl-1.20" instead of
"vtcl" so new releases are distinguished.

In fact, looking at the logs it was me who added DIST_SUBDIR.  I'll
change it when freefall comes back up.

Satoshi